[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS IT FAIR

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richard.lortie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:33:15 -0700

Sadly Richard
It is this very type of thing that is driving not just newcomers from the
breed, but long time fanciers.
People justify such things by saying "well it isn't against any rule...."
and yet the very look of impropriety,
and some "connection " between handlers and judges is what is so disturbing,
and off - putting.
We have gotten so tired of this type of behavior from certain clubs and
individuals that we will no longer support clubs that allow/encourage this
to go on. We don't support clubs or individuals  known to be so cavalier
about APPEARANCES  of impropriety, esp when it seems to happen to the point
we  can call who will win , weeks before entries close, under given judges.
We don't suggest our clients support them, either.

We have seen conflict of interest ,  here in the states over the last couple
of years, with I believe now two judges being barred
from judging a National or Futurity for the next four or five years.
Perhaps we need to start making more of an issue about it?  Or maybe filming
and "You tubing" a judge showing a complete lack of either knowledge for the
rules, or ethics, might change things....   Perhaps if people think they
will be held up to scrutiny by the fancy, or having names published in BIG
print in the breed magazines , when they are suspended.....just maybe they
will think twice.
Until then,these things do go on...and it casts a bad light on the breed and
the sport., and it is KILLING entries.  Sad to say.
Kathy Tank

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  MAY 6, 2009
Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING