[ SHOWGSD-L ] IS IT FAIR

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:47:30 EDT

My opinions on several of the different posts concerning the  judge/handler
conflict:
    1.  Letâ??s get real here, of course it is about the  dog or bitch that
did not win, whether it was the owner or a friend of same  who is voicing
their opinion, why else would someone go to the trouble of  researching and
finding out when the last time that the handler showed a dog  belonging to that
judgeâ?¦as LB would say, â??it is always about the dogâ??.  On the other hand,
it could be that  someone does not have a life and they need a research job
or they just like to  â??stir the potâ??. I still believe it is the first.
    2.  While in my opinion, the handler has the  opportunity to make the
first call; it is the judgeâ??s ring and they rule and  have the final
decision; whatever decisions they make is their call; but they  need to OWN
that
call and they shouldnâ??t have to defend it.  If you think it was the wrong
call,
do  not show under that judge again.
    3.  As to handlerâ??s having â??theirâ?? dogs in the ring  competing
against
clientâ??s dogs; again, get realâ?¦if you have time to do  research, count the
number of handlers who either own or co-own many of the  dogs they handle.
I think you  will find that the majority of handlers own/co-own/bred at
least one of the  dogs they show.  Do you think  whomever is judging is looking
at each one of the dogs that the handler is  showing and KNOWS which ones
they own/co-own/bred and gives the points to that  one over the one that the
judge â??knowsâ?? belongs to a client. If we disallow  any dogs that are
owned/co-owned/bred by a handler so that the clientâ??s dog  has a better
change to
win (less numbers greater the possibility), then it  might take MULTIPLE
shows before you could get any major points.  Sometimes, the better dog on that
day  is the better dog on that day.
    4.  As to not showing up for Group because of a  handling conflict with
the Group Judge; that would not be an insult to the  judge, the judge knows
that the handler is not showing because of the rules,  where is the insult
in that, the handler is saving the judge from having to  make a call.
    5.  I do not wear â??rose coloredâ?? glasses; I have  seen (over the last
twenty years) occasions when it APPEARED that the judge  was influenced by
either the one who was handling the dog and/or the one who  was doubling the
dog; if you think something is unethical, do not show under  that judge or
do not use that handler. The dog showing venue is the same as  other venues
in life, if something is important to you, find a solution; if  you cannot
find a solution, deal with it or move to another venue.
    6.  Itâ??s all about appearances and about the one who  is doing the
observing.

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Member:  GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta

**************Huge savings on HDTVs from Dell.com!