[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am in awe

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:22:54 -0800 (PST)

And while I fully understand the need for humane euthanization at this juncture
in time,  my problem is that in a large portion of these facilities, the
killing in no way qualifies as humane.
 There are facilities who, while they believe that they must euthanize dogs
that are deemed unadoptable or for space, do so with compassion. I have found
them to be among the minority, tho.
 However, I would question the motive of someone who claims to love animals
placing 10 or more dogs into a gas box, closing the lid and walking away with
the animals screaming. My knowledge of this comes from watching the many videos
that are sent to me daily; not heresay.  I know that I could never do
this....even if it meant starving
 The Tennessee "veterinarian" earned  $22,000 in one year killing dogs and
cats. These animals came into the room, tails wagging...were picked up by the
scruff of the neck and jabbed in their heart with a needle. They did not die
immediately, cradled in someones arms who cared...they were brought back to a
kennel to sit alone while their organs shut down. The cats were almost worse;
they were put on catch poles and actually STEPPED on to contain them while they
were heartstuck. This was on an undercover video...one of the dogs appeared to
be a   young GSD.
The monster who perpetrated these cruel acts has had his license
suspended...there will be court proceedings to attempt to revoke his license
permanently and animal lovers everywhere are calling for criminal proceedings.
Sorry.... but if this is someone who loves animals, I am in abject fear for
this earth we share and I personally resent sharing the space with them.
Dawn Restuccia

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: