[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am in awe

  • From: "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:07:36 -0600

Evan,
I agree to most of your message.  I am a GREAT supporter of Rescue and have
the GSD Rescue in my will BUT there is no way I could work in a shelter.  I
would start out like the person you described that did nothing but cry.
THEN  the Irish would come up and I would be a dangerous person trying to
find the person that did these horrible things to these poor helpless
darlins.  I would really not be a plus to a rescue group except to help then
financially.
I agree again, shelter workers do NOT have to love animals but they also
must NOT hate them to the point that they enjoy seeing them suffer and go to
the gas chamber.  In some areas people that need to do community duty are
assigned to a shelter.  Once in a while you will find a person that goes
there that loves animals (or at least does not hate them) but many times
these people take it out on the animals because they are there.  Whatever
the situation most of the shelter deals are not good except for some of the
no kill shelters and some of them leave questions.  For some reason a number
of the Southern shelters seem to be the worst.  I know Suzanne runs an
admirable situation and I salute her for that--she is a treasure but most
shelters do no have a Suzanne---so sad.
Sandi Card