[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte situation

  • From: Cyndy Davis <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <vprezhmf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:12:54 -0800

Hi Terry,
The rules changed, but it would not have mattered - he could have easily gotten
two endorsements. Cyndy Daviswww.texasdogs.com Callian German Shepherds

> Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:30:03 -0800> From: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> Subject:
> [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte situation> To: stormygsd@xxxxxxx;
> pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx; VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx> CC: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > No I'm
> not a supporter,t just stating a simple fact. The board tends to vote to stay
> out of trouble. They do not want to defend themselves against a law suite. We
> as a club do not want to do something that will cause a legal action against
> the club. The rules for membership where changed and now we have to play by
> those rules. If the club were challenged over this membership they would
> loose they would be sued and Hunte would win. Our insurance would be in
> jeopardy. How many events do you think the Parent club could host without
> insurance. ZERO .> > So if Puppy Millers is your cause get out there and
> protest the pet shops, hand out flyer's stating the cause. PETA has someone
> out every weekend, that is why they continue to grow. You show me a puppy
> mill that I can photograph legally and I will come do it for you and give you
> the pictures.> > I only fight the battles that I have a half a chance of
> winning> Terry> Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx> wrote:> Terry, isn't that a
> lot like talking out of both sides of your mouth?? On> one hand trying to
> stop puppy mills but on the other having one of the> biggest puppy millers in
> the country as a club member?? to the public, you ,> as a GSCA member
> represent the club.. you now also represent this man and> his actions.. is
> THAT what you want?> Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds>
> http://www.shadowacre.com> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Terry
> Cochran" > To: > ; > Cc: > Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:12 AM> Subject: [
> SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte situation> > > > I had heard several months ago that
> Beaumont was out.> >> > The only thing that we can do now is to educate
> people about buying from> pet shops. You know what we need to do is to
> network with each other. Every> puppy mill horror story needs to be made
> public on regional club websites.> People need to know the difference between
> puppy milling and responsible> breeding practices. They need to know that
> puppy brokers add to the puppy> milling problem buy buying their pups.> >> >
> I don't think that we will have much help from the Parent Club on this.> >> >
> Congrats to the Review staff for putting the Review in the black Good>
> Going!!!> > Terry> > Peggy > wrote:> > Thanks for the update, Helen.> > In
> the midst of all this, and my own dismay that Hunte was going> > to get in
> (it was sort of a foregone conclusion, wasn't it?), I can't> > help but
> wonder...> > "why does this man want to belong to a breed club at all?" After
> all,> > he made his fortune off the backs of puppymill dogs...so big deal,
> he> > bought a purebred and paid to have it finished. How come all of a> >
> sudden he wants to be in a breed club?> > It's also no surprise that Carmen
> [...]
Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count.
http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=wlmemtagline_donation