[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte situation

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, stormygsd@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:18:44 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2007 10:31:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Terry,  isn't that a lot like talking out of both sides of your mouth?? On
one hand  trying to stop puppy mills but on the other having one of the
biggest puppy  millers in the country as a club member?? to the public, you ,
as a GSCA  member represent the club.. you now also represent this man and
his  actions.. is THAT what you want?

I am going to wade in here....surprise, right? lol  And before anyone  jumps
down my throat as being a Hunte supporter...let me state very clearly that  I
do not support what he does , and personally I find it distasteful.
I don't thing anyone is in support of , or is going to actively represent
this person's business.
     However, Terry is right, you have to fight  the battles you can win.
Quitting the club won't help anything, it is just  quitting.  There have been
MANY times over the years that the club or its  board or what have you has done
something unpopular, and a few have said "I  Quit".....the "I Quitters"  left
no impact on the club by doing so,  they have been forgotten.  So what did it
accomplish???   Nothing.
To effect change you have to stand up, and have courage of your  convictions.
 Even when it means you take heat for it, even when it means  you may have to
defend the indefensible.  Mr Hunte has been voted in.   That is that.  Right
, wrong or otherwise.

Now instead of having "the sky is falling" mentality, why don't we see what
we can do to work with this person, that will BENEFIT our breed.   If  he has
nothing to offer the breed , then so be it, and he is another member,  amongst
several that I can think of..   that doesn't really  help the breed in what
he does, only tries to profit from it.   We  cannot convict him, without
looking at our own group and some the people  who breed substandard dogs with
HUGE
physical and or temperament  problems, and it's issues, which are causing
serious problems for our  genetic base and the breed.  Clean up starts at HOME
folks....that is an  inescapable fact.
Let's start there.

Kathy

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: JAN 27  2007

Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E  DNA'D "NITRO"
26 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO  DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR