[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte situation

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:12:23 -0800 (PST)

I had heard several months ago that Beaumont was out.

  The only thing that we can do now is to educate people about buying from pet
shops. You know what we need to do is to network with each other. Every puppy
mill horror story needs to be made public on regional club websites. People
need to know the difference between puppy milling and responsible breeding
practices. They need to know that puppy brokers add to the puppy milling
problem buy buying their pups.

  I don't think that we will have much help from the Parent Club on this.

  Congrats to the Review staff for putting the Review in the black Good Going!!!
  Terry
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Thanks for the update, Helen.
In the midst of all this, and my own dismay that Hunte was going
to get in (it was sort of a foregone conclusion, wasn't it?), I can't
help but wonder...
"why does this man want to belong to a breed club at all?" After all,
he made his fortune off the backs of puppymill dogs...so big deal, he
bought a purebred and paid to have it finished. How come all of a
sudden he wants to be in a breed club?
It's also no surprise that Carmen supported him...when Hunte was on
TV last year at the great Eukanuba pet event, he sat next to Carmen in
the middle of all the other AKC bigwigs. Why any of us bother to
try to shut down the mills, or why we expect the AKC's support in that
effort, is a great mystery to me.

As for the rest of your post, are you telling us that the
National site is NOT going to be in Beaumont? Definitely? Hmmmm.

As for more pleasant subjects, Dania will do a great job! And it is
super that the Review made a profit!
Peggy

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Just heard that the Board accepted Hunte's membership with a 9 to 8 vote. We
>won't know who voted which way until the minutes get out, except Lew,of
>course,who as President,can't vote. But Hunte and his PR man were at the
>meeting,and of course Carmen supports Hunte,so some persuasion was going on.
>I'm
>frankly disappointed that they made that decision .I was hoping for more
>guts,but it's done so lets move on. The Beaumont show is on hold ,until they
>look at
>other Texas options,like Houston,Dallas etc. And apparently the site they
>viewed this weekend,was absolutely great, with the ability to hold EVERYTHING
>in one location. Dania is going to do the complete membership now,and the
>nice surprise for everyone who had an ad in the new membership rosteris that
>they will now get it free, to compensate for the book's tardiness I don't know
>who got what committee chair,but I guess I'm officially Hero Dog again so will
>be periodically posting the information on it. The other GREAT news is the
>REVIEW made a profit,and our club ,once again, is also in a positive financial
>state. Lew will be posting,and Tom Mesdag will be getting the BoardOGram
>out,but thought I'd let you know re the Hunte situation Helen Miller Fisher

>POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original
>are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the

>PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

always stay connected to friends.