[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDs will no longer be used by Guide Dogs for the Blind

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:29:53 -0800

I also donated a GSD  to Guide Dog's for the blind.  Paul Keasberry was the
person who we worked with at that time late 70's early 80's. Paul had been a
member of the GSDC we belonged to prior to his involvement with GD for the
blind in San Rafael, CA.
He told me that they decided to use the female we donated as a brood bitch,
and years later he also said produced good guide dogs for them.
Having lived with the breed all these years, I know if my eyesight failed, I
would want a GSD, to be my guide.

Beryl Eshom