[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Standard Section on Teeth

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:44:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2006 10:26:22 AM Central Standard Time,
bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm interested in opinions about missing teeth.  I have had two GSD with
missing 2nd premolars.  Both had well developed jaws and good occlusion.....
and, no "dropped" incisors.  I am seeing more GSD with full dentition, but
finer underjaws and dropped incisors.  Is this becoming a problem?

I have seen missing molars etc. in dogs mouths....just watch them in the
specials ring when they pant if the missing teeth are on the bottom there is a
big
hole.  We have had dogs with a missing 1st premolar and never a problem
finishing them.  If you have a dog with a missing 1st premolar have it xrayed
see if the tooth is under the gum...

We had a dog with a missing 1st premolar. The handler at the time told us
they were taking another dog into futurity finals because ours was missing a
1st
pre molar...So .we had the vet xray it...it was there...he cut the gum so it
was exposed...moral of story was the handler still didnt take the dog, it was
just a excuse to take another..(this was many many years ago)

Patty