[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Standard Section on Teeth

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

I could not keep a dog out of the ring if the only 'real' fault was a missing
tooth.  If the dog can move, bite, and has really good structure, I would show,
and advise any handlers of the missing tooth so they could be sure we do not
enter under 'tooth fairy's' who would drop a dog for a missing tooth.

  Movement does come first in our breed.
  sheila
MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx wrote:
  From the standard:
"An overshot jaw or a level bite is undesirable. An undershot jaw is a
disqualifying fault."

I am also on the side of a missing tooth. One handler told me that French
manicures are perfect for a missing tooth. lol Just make sure the judge is
not a dentist. :)

Personally, my mentors does not show dogs with missing teeth and I always
try to follow their advice.

Colette

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com