[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Front Page web site question

  • From: Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 19:29:12 -0600

Kathy, I looked at your site code and there are no FrontPage Extensions in it, like Carolyn's page which means it could be hosted virtually anywhere.

Dot Easy uses what is called cPanel, same product I host with. cPanel dropped FrontPage support last year. It is good you didn't need it :) Even their support page talks about FrontPage clients having to migrate their sites... That doesn't mean you weren't able to use FrontPage on your computer, but the server wasn't supporting it's extensions.

Furthermore, because Microsoft quite supporting FrontPage back in 2006, there are some serious security problems with it and as recent as 2013 warnings were sent out to quit using the product.

Lew

On 6/10/2015 5:58 PM, Kathy Kuklovsky (Redacted sender kayek9@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

My website is designed in Front Page and hosted with Dot Easy. It's still up and running with no problems.

Kathy
www.kayeshepherds.com