[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Front Page web site question

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "kayek9@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:51:20 -0700

I sure don't know enough about how computers and websites work, just know
enough how to keep my site updated. It's a simple site, nothing fancy for sure.
Just something to use to send prospective clients to. Have no idea what
"extensions" are. As long as I can keep it updated I'm happy.

Kathy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2015, at 6:29 PM, Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kathy, I looked at your site code and there are no FrontPage Extensions in
it, like Carolyn's page which means it could be hosted virtually anywhere.

Dot Easy uses what is called cPanel, same product I host with. cPanel
dropped FrontPage support last year. It is good you didn't need it :) Even
their support page talks about FrontPage clients having to migrate their
sites... That doesn't mean you weren't able to use FrontPage on your
computer, but the server wasn't supporting it's extensions.

Furthermore, because Microsoft quite supporting FrontPage back in 2006, there
are some serious security problems with it and as recent as 2013 warnings
were sent out to quit using the product.

Lew

On 6/10/2015 5:58 PM, Kathy Kuklovsky (Redacted sender kayek9@xxxxxxx for
DMARC) wrote:
My website is designed in Front Page and hosted with Dot Easy. It's still up
and running with no problems.

Kathy
www.kayeshepherds.com