[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Eukenuba

  • From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 05:41:55 -0500

Interesting.  I experience just the opposite and can't count the number of
PET puppy buyers and inquiries I've had who are adamant they DO NOT want
German lines or are specifically looking  for American show lines for their
familiy companion.

My dogs are very well angulated and I hear things like, wow how do you get
them to stand like that, it's so regal looking, etc.  Pet buyers generally
also don't notice things like minor faults and deviations from the standard
unless it's glaring.  Even the rare soft pasterned puppy, many will just say
"look at those big feet" LOL.  I've also noticed that more people seem to
want a correct, medium size feminine girl specifying they don't want one
that will be 100 pounds.

Just seems to be alot of painting of american show dogs/breeders with one
brush in this post, that in my experience is the exception rather than the
implied majority.  There's a whole world out there other then our own small
sandbox.

Melissa
www.melanashepherds.com