[ SHOWGSD-L ] Elephant In The House !

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Showlist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:01:24 -0700

I seldom share my true feelings and opinions because I seldom have an opinion
about anything. (Can I help it if I am right?)

So far, I have found few in the German Shepherd world who are less opinionated
than our dogs!

It has been a fun list and a great world where dogs are central to our
relationships - and our varied and firmly held opinions seldom destroy those
opinions.

Dave

For all the discussions we have had on this List, we seem to get through it
o.k. When we are afraid to post our opinions, thoughts or ideas, for fear that
somebody may take offense, what does that say about us?

I KNOW that a lot of people on this list disagree vehemently with some of my
posts about commercial breeders, people who anthropomorphize their dogs, some
of my support for animal use to which they may be opposed. This is not the
forum for those discussions because this is about GSDs, GSDCA, Shows, etc.,
Do we go find a forum in which everybody says “oh Yeah!, I agree.. You’re
great.. Right On!” Or do we brave the world and state our opinion.

Carolyn does it on a regular basis. We all still love Carolyn. Linda tosses
in the elephant and we all say Hi Linda when we see her. (Not in California
unless that National ever gets here LOL)

Evan says just what the heck he thinks he wants to say…. I could go on. The
point is, that if somebody won’t share their ideas because they may be laughed
at, misinterpreted, misunderstood, we’ve been out of school (most of us) for a
long, long time!

Hugs to you all… the ones who agree with my opinions and those who don’t!

And we all need to Congratulate Jen Proud for stepping up and becoming the
GSDCA Legislative Committee CHAIR… YAYAYAYAY! Expect some emails across the
nation and say, yes! I Will!

Stormy Hope

---