[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Election time

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:26:49 -0400

I'll put my two cents worth in here.  I was a board member and officer of
another national breed club.  At one time they did offer $50 per meeting to
board members.  They no longer do this.  There are only 2 meetings per year and
the board members are expected to pay their own expenses to attend these
meetings.  They are held in conjunction with the national and another
convenient show, but there's no financial assistance.  I don't think our board
members should be reimbursed for the entire amount.  If they want to serve,
they should be willing and able to foot the bill to attend the meetings and
stay for the entire time.

I also think whites and long coats should be allowed in the conformation ring
and accepted in the conformation ring.  They are all one breed with the same
DNA.  We need them both for certain things that they can provide to our breed.
Our numbers at shows are definitely down, but then the good side of this is
that the numbers required for a major are down.  LOL!  I think it would benefit
all to come together as one.

Linda Hendrix
St James Shepherds
Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels