[ SHOWGSD-L ] Confessions of a dishonest JUDGE...long - Wow!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 19:43:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2006 5:04:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
His  posts lump all judges togeather it's offensive to anyone who is not a
crook.
Fred

Fred,

I happen to think you are one of the most experienced dog people out there,
but I am surprised at your naivete.

There is no lost love between me and Ed Hill.  Anyone can  tell you that.
But the truth is the truth.  You don't have to  like it, but it is what it is.

I don't believe all honest judges are offended by his post. I believe most
people found it 1-entertaining and  2-very close to reality.  If you  are not a
crook, it doesn't refer to you.  I am certainly not offended by  it, albeit I
haven't been judging as long as you have.  I am sure I can  call 10 judges
right now who would just flat out laugh at Ed post, and not be  offended.  The
proverbial rock wouldn't hit any of them in that pack  <G>.

Now, I don't know what is like to live on Fred Migliore's world, but in the
real world I have experienced the following:

Bad judging, that range from so-so to disastrous, to "what the hell just
happened???"
Good judging, even when my dog doesn't win, that will prompt me to show
under that judge again, and recommend that judge to anyone who asks.
Ignorant judging, judges who just don't know, and what can you do about
that?  Keep an eye on them and see if they get better.

And last, and most insulting, judges who put up each other, with a  blatant
arrogance that assumes no one can do the math and figure it out.

When it comes to money, you know, like the money you have lost
judging?.......we all lose money on this sport.  Personally, I have not  ever
made any
profit by breeding, judging, showing, or selling pups.  I do  that for a
passion
and love for the breed.  You can ask my husband....  more, far more money is
spent than made.  I never applied for my judges  license thinking I was going
make an income of it.  So far, it is true  <G>

You complain about losing some money on judging assignments......how about
the rest of the fancy, the rest of the people, who lose money all the time when
 they go to compete and don't even have a chance?  I believe they use the
same currency you use, so their loss has the same value.

Not all judging is honest, maybe in your world things are different and if
so I envy you.  I am sure the honest judges laugh at this, the ones who are
unsure will take notice, and the crooked one, they will either shape up or
ignore the issue, because they are so far gone that they can't see what they
are
doing is wrong, or they just don't care.

So Ed, in public, I want to thank you for having the backbone to say what
some of us believe is true, and happening.  It may be only 2 or 3 of us  saying
it, but the private emails are very clear, we see it and many do  too. I only
wish more people were more open, but as my dear friend Basu  says....there
aren't many eagles. Some believe is not very kosher to tell it  like it is.
Obviously, Mr. Ed Hill, you and I belong to a different group of  people.

I'll leave you all with a quote from Goldbecker and Hart:
"If the future is to give us those things which we want for our breed, then
we must clear our minds of inaccuracy and absorb truth instead".

Ileana