[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Confessions of a dishonest JUDGE...long - Wow!

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:04:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2006 9:54:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
GrnRam415@xxxxxxx writes:
I agree  that a good dog is a good dog and should win.  But I also
see glaring  faults being put up.  Is this where we want the breed to go?
Ignore these problems as long as you get the  win?

This is the interesting part. When I judged the BC futurity recently,  I was
painfully aware that almost all the exhibitors were very experienced in  dogs,
probably were more knowledgeable about shepherds than I was. The myth that
the folks outside of the ring can't see what the judge sees is just that, a
myth. Everyone knows which are the best dogs; the judges, just by virtue of
being a judge, do not necessarily know more than the audience of breeders,
handlers, owners, and other judges. So...when the judge puts up an inferior
dog,
everyone watching knows it. It is not a matter of the judge knowing more than
anyone else. He/she is judging to their peers; Not many secrets or excuses
here.  Syd