[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Confessions of a dishonest JUDGE...long - Wow!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:42:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2006 7:25:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ileana-  If you show the best dog under me and I put you up for  winners then
6 months later I show the best dog under you and you put me  up,  is that
what you call " And last and insulting, judges who put up  each other"?
Because many specialty judges are also good breeders and only  show quality
animals therefore it is a frequent occurrence that they win  dog shows under
other specialty judges.  I hope this is not considered  dishonest.  If it is
then I will quit judging as I find showing more  rewarding than judging.  My
ego does not need boosting, my wife does  that daily.  D.D.

No DD........In this sport, we are a small group, and we know each  other.
Many of us call each other friends, and many people who judge are  also still
breeding and showing. Those are facts.

If any of my friends wants to show under me, they better have the best dog
or the awareness that the best dog will win, even if it is not theirs.  And  if
they lose and our friendship suffers, then it wasn't that much of a
friendship to begin with, so I wont miss it. Those are facts.

So, to use your example, if you were to show me the best dog, that is the
dog that will win, whether you and I are friends or not.  I don't think I  have
ever showed a dog to you, and I think our relationship is best described as
acquaintances,  so I can't prove this between us, and am left with only
hypothetical's.

I think the point to argue is will friends win even without the best  dog?
And are judges doing all they can to avoid the appearance of  impropriety?
Because, and I think you will agree with me, sometimes the  perception can be
wrong, but it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. Those  are also facts.

By the way, you just judged in California, and I heard you did a terrific
job. This is called perception.

The grapevine talks about everything, the bad and the good.  And like  you, I
am lucky to have a spouse who keeps me happy, my happiness doesn't hang  on
ribbons.

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared  mind