[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Colorado/California/nationals!??

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, longspeakgs@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:58:05 -0500 (EST)

Carolyn,

I appreciate your frustration on rotating nationals.  But the real loser here
has been the "East Coast" when have they had a national there....since the last
Perry GA National?  Utah and Colorado I would consider west other wise central
(Mid West) is an awful big territory.  Until someone comes up with clear
definitions of West, Central and East there will always be conflict on where
the national is rotated if it is actually west coast, mid west or east coast.
I think coast is the wrong word to use as it implies coastal states.  Like I
said if you want to say east coast when was the last national on the east
"coast" or east period!!!!  If we are to continue to rotate in three areas
West, Central and East then I suggest a map divided appropriately should be
made and nationals should be held rotating in one of those areas each year.
However, I would expect that division of this map into West, Central and East
will not be easy because of people's perceptions... sigh

I do agree with you about breaking our contract with Colorado, I think that was
a poor move and does not put the GSDCA in a good light.  That is twice now.  I
know the board is trying their best to make up for losses in revenue but I
wonder how much it is actually saving by moving the 2012 national.  I think the
club members have lost trust in the Board because of lack of transparity in the
past.  I think there are some great Board members who have the club's best
interest at heart and they have some repair work  to do to put the club in good
standing again, in so many ways.  Not an easy job and apparently a thankless
one.  I don't agree with some of their decisions and I only hope that the
decisions were made after investigating and thinking in through.  I have
concerns....but I don't have all the info or the answer.

Joyce
MyJoy Shepherds

 From: Kay Springer To: Kathy Tank ; Patty Korsch Cc: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx ;
howgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx ; osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
unday, January 30, 2011 10:49 AMSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re:
Colorado/California/nationals/Review

 This whole change of venue for the National is very upsetting for West  of the
ockies exhibitors... since
 we always seem to really support  the National with entries in conformation,
erding and obedience and
 have a very large presence just maybe all of us need to Boycott the  St. Louis
ational.  Then maybe the
 Board will consider a western  location.  I think the Board hears what we
ant, I just don't think  that they care.
 I do believe that the Colorado National was one of  the few in recent years
hat showed a profit.  Isn't that
 correct  Patty K?     Kay

  On Jan 30, 2011, at 10:27 AM, Kathy Tank wrote:
 > I for one am very sad to see us lose the CO site..  It is spectacular.> Is
t a long drive ?  yes...in fact
 Kent Boyles drove to it,   100 mies closer than those of us from the west
oast. lol
 This site, the site itself is a dream for dog exhibitors.  Now with a terrific
otel right on the
 EXPANSIVE property. Now that we have backed out of our agreement with them,
ow do you
 think it will go when maybe in 2020, we WANT to use the site?
 Do you think they will be even willing to work with us?  I  would be   very
urprised.> Kathy

 Evan put everything in perspective and yes the board did listen to the
embership's voices, with the futurities etc and
 I for one appreciate that.  Two things however, stand out to me.
 1.  The club's financial shape, if we are in bad financial shape what the heck
re we doing hosting this big event in 2013.
 Yes its an opportunity of a life time and very important.  However, at what
ost to the club, worse financial status or its
 demise.  During this tough economical crisis in the country many have had to
ass on a chance in a life time for them
 because of  finances.  I know the board is working hard on getting sponsors
tc and I hope that they see  and know things
 that show we will come out of this okay and with a profit.  But its scary from
here the members of this club is sitting.

 2.  Moving the national, this will be the second time now and how does other
enues perceive the GSDCA, that we back out of our contracts?  Will we save
oney, will the entries be down, will the extra cost for tents take a way from
hose savings.   Not to mention that we have taken away the national from the
est coast .  I am in the Mid west so St Louis is closer for me but I was
ctually looking forward to Colorado.  And now we are having it the second week
n Nov where the weather can be colder etc.

 And BTW the East coast people have had a national on the east coast when?????
 am sure they are all excited about having it in PA in 2013 but really talk
bout people who are not on the rotation chart.
 Just my opinion. Joyce MyJoy Shepherds

  On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:06 AM, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx> wrote
   The issue I have with this.......Bill could have gone out as Debbie,>
athleen, Nancy, Joan did ahead of
  board meetings and see places, get the> specs,> negotiate a possible price
HEN bring the board in to
 see sites as viable> or  not.....not dragging 19 people places who don't even
et to see the> site.
 >  Absolutely no point to this
 > and a flagrant waste of the finances they are trying to preserve.  The>
urpose of the board going hither
 and yon is to SEE potential sites so when> they  vote they have first hand
nowledge.  Each different member
 brings> their> own perspective to the table.  If they are given the info of
nly> one....then it is the perspective
 of one.  Homework.........
 > Also, clubs can do these inspections and report to the show chair then the>
hair can make a good choice
 whether to go or not.

OST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER