[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Colorado/California/nationals!??

  • From: Linda Battistoni <encoregsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, myjoygs@xxxxxxx, showgsd@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, longspeakgs@xxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:23:14 -0800 (PST)

Getting the dogs home is another difficulty.  Since the exhibitors come in on
different days, we can get our dogs to St. Louis.

But as we all leave on Sunday, the space is limited.  Last St Louis National, 8
of us had RESERVED/CONFIRMED dog spaces on the same flight.  The plane could
hold 4.  Four dogs didn't make it.  Flying has become more restrictive since
then.  Picking a different carrier is not so easy as many don't take 500 crates.

Spectators won't have much to see if dogs can't get there.

Linda Battistoni
Encore German Shepherds in Northern California
Website: www.encoregsd.com

Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 7:34 AM

oh my gosh, Carolyn Martello has been preaching for a 100 years that the
board members need to fly dogs in with them when visiting prospective sites
to  get a real picture of what the members would have to go thru.
And that is 400, 500 and 700 crates.  Delta wanted Jackie on a 700
crate...Jackie, my little 58 pounds bitch.

I am sure you can get a bunch of cheap flights to St Louis, but can you get
the DOGS there?  Without the dogs is not a dog show (duh!)....it is just a
get together.  An expensive one to that.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 1/31/2011 10:35:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 1/31/2011 7:14:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
And if  this Board truly believes it  can save MAJOR amounts of money if
they move it ,  well then they  have to do what they have to do. But
Colorado
MADE MONEY the  last  time. Great site, easy to drive to, easy to fly  to.

No  one at the board meeting said you can't get a 500 crate  into St.
Louis.
If this is true, the board has to reconsider.  I heard that   more people
could be there for the show. If what we are hearing is true,  then we  do
need
it to be considered.

Evan L.   Ginsburg

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org ;