[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Central Vacuum's vs ?????

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:49:25 -0600

We have a Broan central vacuum system, it is 12 years old and works just as
well as it did on Day 1.  From a convenience standpoint, you can't beat it.
The powerhead for carpeting works well, but could be a bit better; which is
how we also ended up with a Kirby.  The Kirby is about 10 years old and --
after a thorough professional cleaning -- works as well as it did on Day 1.

The downside of the central vacuum system is that you can't always reach
corners of ceilings, closets, etc. because your reach is limited to the
length of the hose.  So, if considering a central vacuum system, I would
recommend that you have a vacuum outlet in each room.  And if you have
long-haired dogs the largest residential unit is the one I would recommend
-

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.