[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bob Penny

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:32:47 EST

The German Shepherd world has truly suffered a great loss with Bob's passing.
His knowledge of the breed and his constant devotion to always wanting to
improve it was unsurpassed.

I first met Bob when our local GSD club wanted to sponsor a Temperament Test
-- something new which was just starting to be held.  Since our first test, we
had them yearly until recently when we now alternate with another GSD club in
the area. Bob, except for our last one, was always our evaluator.   After
several years, he made me one of the regional evaluators and I would assist him
in future tests....although truth be told, he was testing and educating me.
After the tests, anyone that wanted could  go out to dinner with him and we
would just quietly sit and listen to his stories about the GSD. He was always
willing to share his knowledge and experience.  He was always the perfect
gentleman.

He will be greatly missed by anyone who's path he crossed...no matter how
brief or how long.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Ch. Rohan's Reward OFA, TC, HT