[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bob Penny

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightorgsd@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:20:37 -0800

I first met Bob when I bought a wonderful girl and attended his obedience
class. We soon discovered she was very displastic and it was another breeder
who brought Hanable to class to meet me and my son.  Bob urged me to buy him
and then he urged me to show him and it was Bob who finished him. That is a
story in itself.  We traveled to Iowa to show him  ( my intro to traveling)
and when the Judge dumped us to the chagrin of everyone at ringside Bob said
to our little group "Now I know what a woman feels like when she's been
raped".  A month or so later in Calif.  Bob showed under that judge again
and not only won but finished Hanable's Championship.  When taking the pics.
the judge said to Bob " I know this dog I gave him points before, Iowa, I
think."  I held my breath as Bob answered with a perfectly straight face.
" yes, you did!"  He started me on this road and even introduced me to Gary
Stasser who found the perfect mate for Hanable.We are certainly loosing too
many of the old timers.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA