[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bi-Color only.

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:25:07 -0800

-----
From: "Karen C." <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ( snipped )
> I take exception to this comment:  "The ONLY colors of German
> Shepherds are Sable, Black and Tan, Bi-Color and Black." (emphasis
> mine) First of all, B&T and bicolor are not separate "colors." They
> are pretty much the same thing and require that the dog displaying
> them have two different colors to his coat. The real difference>>>>>
> between them is how much of each color is distributed over the body.
> GSDs come in many colors but only three distinct coat PATTERNS.=20
> These patterns, listed most to least dominant, are agouti=20
> (sable), two-toned and solid.> > > Karen C.> kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I disagree that Black and Tan and Bi Colors are not separate colors.
The bi color marking always remains the same......black and tans vary
and change with age,  and are all different to some degree.
You can choose to call them "patterns"  or 'two toned' if you want....but it
won't change the facts.   Bi colors remain the same....they are what they are.
There are varieties of "colors"  and shadings on the sables and black and tans
and that even changes with age.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com