[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Beara Wang lost by Delta Airlines - She has been found!!!!

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:47:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2007 11:37:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
norberge@xxxxxxx writes:
went to  the baggage claim desk and they still could not tell me if she was
on the  flight.?? I finally told the attendant that they needed to go look for
her as  we were going to have a?major problem if she is not on this flight.?
10  minutes later he came

This reminds me of the time Connie Beckhardt was shipping my bitch back to
me from New Jersey to San Francisco.  I was there at the airport to watch  the
plane land and see her get off.  It was hot and there was a dog crate  on the
runway.  Well, after fussing so much at them someone finally went  down to
check the crate and came back and said it wasn't her, she was already at
cargo.
So I go flying over to cargo.  It's changing shift time and I  get the
run-around and they can't find the dog.  To make a long story  short, they sent
her
on to Hawaii (fortunately they do have kennel runs  there).  She came back the
next morning and got out of the crate looking  like she had lost her last
friend - until she realized who was there to meet  her!

After that when I flew a dog I would talk to the head honcho in cargo to
make sure they took the dog off the plane when it arrived.  Of course, that
doesn't help when you are traveling with the dog and they mess up.

Tish