[ SHOWGSD-L ] swamp thing Delta Airlines

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:43:02 +0000

Indeed-  they were told to shoot my bitch .   When the crate broke open, they
followed her with baggage carts trying to catch her:  It was at 10 PM.
Obviously-----with airplanes, lights, baggage carts, the dog was afraid.  The
airlines did not notify me that she was running loose at Atlanta airport
although I was frantic when she was not at baggage.  It was about 45 minutes
after they told me what happened.
She was missing for days. I had placed and handed out posters everywhere,
drove around, spent the night in South Atlanta.  Because the dog was seen
running across the runways from the tower, understand that planes are landing.
You have commercial planes landing every few minutes and if by chance the plane
struck the dog- you can understand the danger to the people on those planes.

The brave lady from the ATA snuck me into a restricted area and told me "I have
seen your dog go into this tunnel. I did not take you here and you do not know
me."  "We have been instructed to shoot your dog if we see her in anywhere near
the runways."  She even gave me her flashlight to get through the sewer drain
system.

I crawled through this tunnel and when I got to the end, it dumped into a water
pond.  My bitch was laying at th end of the tunnel avoiding the cold water at
the mouth.  I picked her up, got her across the water, ran towards the road,
and waived down a shuttle bus for the park and ride.

Now I am soaking wet, my dog is laying in my arms, and the shuttle bus drops me
off at The Delta Terminal. I ran in, screaming, get me a ride to a vet NOW.  I
must have looked like the swamp thing.  LOL.  A Delta agent got on her walkie
talkie and a van swept us off to the vet.

Here is the kicker:  I had to fight with Delta to pay the vet bills.  Under the
Warsaw Act ?? (on the back of the airline ticket) dogs are livestock and the
airlines claimed no liability.

That wonderful lady form The ATA put her job at risk for my dog. Is that brave
or what?

From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx