[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BEWARE

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:24:01 -0600

I don't think putting "finishable" in a contract is unreasonable depending
on the age of the puppy. I just posted in another e-mail that it is not a
stretch for a 7mos-12mos old puppy to be sold as finishable. Again..things
can go wrong..but not as likely. Younger than the aforementioned age is a
bit of a stretch to guarantee being able to finish. Keep in mind also..many
by "show" puppies from those who have little experience..and no track
record of success. Also..prospective buyers get anxious and are unwilling
to wait for a 'good" one, so they buy from what is available and usually
meet with disappointment. Knowledgeable breeders usually know their lines
and how they developed..people with limited show experience usually don't
know these things. Getting a truly good one is difficult at best..this is
what separates the stars from the rest. Dog breeding is not an exact
science, and even a reputable, ethical breeder can breed a "dud." The key
to a good working relationship is how well the breeder is willing to work
with you to resolve the situation. Also look around before buying..if you
are thinking of purchasing a show prospect..do you see any others that have
"good ones" from the same breeder? C.Grainger