[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BEWARE

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:33:04 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2006 1:15:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Is  showable in most contracts? Is finishable? What
about an unforseeable  mishap? The dog dies?

Dawn

No.

Usually it goes the other way; that is the seller is providing a warranty
for an absence of faults (i.e. the absence of a disqualifying fault and the dog

is "showable".)  That's a lllloooooonnnngggggg way, however from
"finishable".

(How could someone put "finishable" in a contract?  There are too may
variables IMO.)

Besides, most contracts, especially when the parties reside in different
states would be vvvveeeerrrryyyyyyy hard to enforce.  You can put whatever  you
want in them I suppose, i.e. the buyer has to show the dog "x" times. at
certain shows (Futurity, National, etc.), but my impression is that IF you
tried
to enforce something like that you'd be laughed at and in my opinion, such
"contracts" are worth about as much as tissue paper.

I think it's a good idea to put in writing who pays for what etc., if a
co-ownership is involved, lease terms when a bitch is leased, etc., but more
from
the standpoint so that everyone is in agreement and years later, you can
look back and remember what your deal was.  I doubt even then that such  things
would be worth the trouble of enforcing if a contract was breeched an/or  a
party felt they were wronged, although the wronged party might have a leg to
stand on so to speak, at what cost and just how much aggravation?

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_