[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Three Judge Panel for National Specials????

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jastek5@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:29:56 -0700

Bill,
FYI your suggestion would be more of a Breed Survey. They had breed surveys
I believe in the 50's and 60's. The results were published in books.

Yes, I do think it would be against AKC rules, as it wouldn't follow AKC
Show rules and regulations.

In Vol. 2 1961 Grant Mann was chairman. He was also the senior surveyor.
Based on what is in this book, to the best of my knowledge, the  person
still living who could possibly offer input would be George W. Collins.
The organization was The American Breed Survey Society for German Shepherd
Dogs, Inc.
Dr. Redlich, John Seiler, Arthur Strametz, A. C. Bob Rueter, Reginald
Cleveland, all men of prominence in the breed at that time who were either
on the advisory panel or served on the board.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA