[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2013 National

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:19:37 -0400 (EDT)

I wanted to respond after thinking about this. I do realize there are
restrictions for any activity.  However, at our National, and I emphasis  OUR,
there should be no events with limitations for members.

If we can't handle over 300 people, then we should just not have that
function. I myself do not want to attend an event where people are turned away,

unless it is something such as an entry that is limited only as to those
who got  the entries in early enough.

I remember a time when there where chains in the bleachers for the board
members, and always the best seats.  I can remember a friend of mine being
told she could not talk to the board member siting in that area, since she
was  not on the board.  I was disgusted with that, and at the first board
meeting I attended as a board member, I moved to change that. A current board
member asked me if I didn't think board members should have certain
privileges  that the members didn't get?  I said no.  Today nothing like that
is
considered, and our board goes out of the way to include all the members.

We have come a long ways from that.  But, it is important that we  don't
head back that way. I know the current board, and even those in the recent
past would never stand for that, and I know the current situation was not
meant  to exclude members.  And, I sure appreciate people like Kris who donate
so  much to help the club.

Let's remember who the national is for. Who supports this club, and not
exclude anyone.

Our board would never agree to any exclusive events at our National. I am
sure this is an oversight, and I am sure it will be corrected.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 4/28/13 5:49:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

The club  belongs to the members not dignitaries. It will not
be up to prior  standards but will allow those wanting to work their dogs
eat and  keep on working.