Re: [Scoaa-members] Sailcover replacement

  • From: Joe Siudzinski <siudzinski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scoaa-members@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:17:16 -0700

Agree with the comments about protecting the zipper across the top.

I modified the cover so I can now disconnect the zipper at the aft end so as not to damage it when reefing.

On the leading edge of my sailcover I got tired of fighting with the zipper (which, incidentally, should be attached so it zips bottom-to- top and not top-to-bottom, IMO). Replaced the zipper by sewing-in a 2" Velcro strip top-to-bottom and also sewed-in pockets for 2" flexible plastic 'battens' on both the flap and the fixed part directly under the Velcro. It now takes only a couple of seconds to securely close this opening.

FWIW,

JoeS.