[sarcmembers] Re: Portable contest operation

  • From: <jportune@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:19:01 -0800

I was summoned one day recently by Bob Harrison to come quickly up to the clubhouse to help him remove the radial wires. He told me the Air Force wanted them up so that they could mow the grass. When I arrived he had already pulled many of the wires up and dropped them in a pile. I merely followed his lead and helped finish the job. I made some attempt to not make too horrible a mess of the wires and to leave them attached to the solder ring, by pulling them all out it one direction. But mainly the were just layed without very much care in the back of my pickup truck where they still remain. Let me know if you would like to meet to recover them. I really was mostly an uninvolved helper in their removal.

John W6NBC