[sarcmembers] Portable contest operation

  • From: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:17:25 -0800 (PST)

I operated the 2010 CQ 160 CW Contest from the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse. It
is an extremely quiet location with fantastic views.
The following are some pictures if anyone is interested:

http://www.ac6dd.com/2010/2010cq160cw.htm

and a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNBYvA4hjs&feature=related

I used a two element phased transmit array switchable to 0,90,180,270 degrees
phasing and a 4 element receive array of short verticals.

I will be removing the tower and pole that I left out in front yard shortly. At
the time I was still undecided where to operate the contest from, so I left it
in place.  I am working Saturdays until April, and could not come by any
meetings or otherwise, in case someone was wandering about the tower being left
there.

If there is any interest I can put up a smaller vertical on top of the  radials
field - like a Butternut HF6. I also built a prototype radial wire plough to
try to make the wires dissapear.

Niko - AC6DD

only accept email from subscribed members so SPAMMERS
will not get your email address

'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi