[sarcmembers] Re: Portable contest operation

  • From: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:08:39 -0800 (PST)

> Great pictures. That must have been fun.

Thank you John.

This was my third CQ160 from the Lighthouse, NE6PG and I also did an August
Lighthouse Weekend activation in 2008.
It is a lot of fun once it is all set up, but it does take quite a bit of work.
 Just the teardown took me 5 hours.

>I did not know you could get permission to use the lighthouse like that. How
>did you do that?

I was fortunate to talk to some great people, and they let me set up.  I was
later invited back.

> We have (stored at site 1) a power edger that with a
> carbide saw blade cuts nice shallow thin trenches for
> radials. We will be using it
> there for our coming 160/80/40 60' vertical. It is
> available if you would care to use it at the clubhouse. I
> would be willing to come up
> and be there at the time.

That would be great!  Right now it looks like Mondays are the best day for me
to come by, possibly next Monday if you have the time. Maybe we can also
discuss some ideas.

Niko - AC6DD

only accept email from subscribed members so SPAMMERS
will not get your email address

'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi