[sac-forum] Re: Waivers

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:54:16 -0700

Is there a speaker for the meeting next Friday? If there is one, then maybe having a vote on these amendments should be rescheduled for another meeting, a business meeting without a speaker, so that members can have plenty of time to discuss all the amendments if they want without them, or the president, feeling discussions have to be cut off to have time for the speaker. Having said this, more than likely there will not be much discussion by members, but I think having plenty of time set aside to discuss amendments to the Constitution, a serious matter, should always be preserved, just in case.
Stan

Stan, our Vice President has done an exceedingly fine
job at procuring speakers. I can not see, in the near future, being
able to hold a meeting that a speaker is not already scheduled.
Having said that, while I'm certain that some parties would
attend, I think we would be hard pressed to actually hold
a business meeting (to which no speaker is present) that would
have enough attendees to make a worthwhile event.

This is not to say that I am not pondering the situation.....
Thad