[sac-forum] Re: Waivers

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:58:58 -0800

I don't mind signing a waiver for a special event like this, if nothing else to help protect the rancher who is allowing EVAC to hold this event. It appears this registration is not what I initially thought. The web site says "Registration is only necessary if donating". I assume this means if one donates $5, or contributes more, one can participate in the door prize drawing and so the purpose of "Registration" is to identify those individuals who have donated. This is my take on the information in the web site. I had planned on attending the AASP, but I did not know until now that it will be held Sept 30-Oct 1. I am planning on seeing the Trinity atomic bomb site on the 1st. This is only open to the public two times a year.
Stan

Rotramel, Rick (AZ77) wrote:

Well, lookie here:

http://www.eastvalleyastronomy.org/aasp.htm

This star party requires registration AND an agreement to a waiver (see
bottom of the page).

Rick R.
SAC