[sac-forum] Re: Five Mile Meadow

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:33:42 -0700

Darrell, the presumption is the 5MM excursion is the end of this month.  My
plans, based on perfect weather for observing, would be a 4 night session from
Wednesday night through Saturday night and return home Sunday.  Unfortunately
life, and weather, isn't always perfect.  What I'm saying is my plans are
tentative at this time and subject to change based on weather and family
considerations.

I know there are others wanting to consider 3 or 4 night sessions and it would
be nice to hear from those wishing to make such a commitment.  The logistics
for camping this long are more than just 2 nights, but well worth the effort.

Certainly it is best to have company along instead of being there without
someone to share in the celestial delights.  I look forward to having as many
there as possible.

Re - moon rise times.  Keep in mind that for a Wednesday night session, one
need to look at moon rise for Thursday morning.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ