[sac-board] Re: Pierre's estate

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:42:03 -0700

I have always felt the secret to a long life is having no life insurance
and no will. Likewise, maybe the secret to a happy club is not accepting
donations.

Just a thought on how to settle this. Taking Sam's word on his account
of things, maybe the question to answer is whether Fabienne contacted
SAC, persee, in an attempt to settle the estate, or whether she was
willing to give away pierre's things to any amatuer who happened to be
around. If the former, then Jack was the official SAC representative to
take Pierre's things, not Sam, even if Sam does have good intentions. In
this context I think it would be improper for Sam to have asked Fabienne
if he could have the blanks. From this perspective, knowing no more than
what I have read here, the blanks (assuming these are the ones under
dispute) belong to SAC, not Sam. Because this perspective is based on
incomplete information, it is probably full of holes which the affected
personalities can fill up.

Finally, because the club now has so many things that have been donated,
maybe it should rent a storage shed instead of imposing on officers,
like Jack, to find a place for it all.
Stan