[sac-board] Re: Pierre's estate

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Board" <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Sam Herchak" <76627.3322@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Silvio Jaconelli" <silvioj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:10:49 -0700

Here is Fabienne's email in response to my query:

Dear Jack:
We (our family) had decided that if anyone claimed, with proper support, any
deposit for work that Pierre-Yves had contracted to, we would gladly refund the
deposit. We received several claims from some of his customers, and my father
sent out checks to cover their deposits. We have not heard from anyone for at
least a year now. If that is the case with the two blanks, we would still honor
any deposit placed for their purchase and work that Pierre-Yves was to perform.
I have Pierre-Yves' account books and from what I recall nothing was left
outstanding, but I may be wrong. I think at this point, if there is someone who
is claiming them, although you are saying no one is, please refer them to me
and I will handle the details from here. As you say, what we gave you that
night was for the use by SAC in any way you saw fit with respect to Pierre-Yves
memory.
With respect to the $5000, Sam is correct about the scholarship fund being
separate and in Pierre-Yves' name. I believe the letter to Sam from my father
specified that. I recently received a letter from him stating that the fund had
not been established and that your accountant had been ill and not able to
handle it. Again, I may be incorrect in the details here. I am traveling and do
not have access to the letter from Sam. If there is anything I can do to
expedite this matter, please let me know. It would be an honor for our family
to know that scholarships are awarded to students for study or research in
astronomy. Father gave Sam the responsibility to see that the details were
handled properly for that.
Hope we can work together on these issues and resolve any discrepancies or
issues that may arise.
I will contact Sam as soon as I am back in CT, unless you prefer me not to do
so.
Thanks, Fabienne