[sac-board] Re: New Membership Services Form

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:13:26 -0700

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:40:01 -0700, Jack Jones wrote:

> Fix:
>
> ...club's...

This was a copy problem with acroread.  Cut-n-Paste from a different font
encoding (Postscript) caused the ' to be replaced with a SPACE for the
message.  I caught the one in "don't" later in the paragraph before I sent
the message.

> ...newsletter is ready...

I caught this one before your message.

> ...the email address...

This one is hard to fix.  See below as to why.

> ...have a computer...
> or
> ...have computer access...

Shorter one is better; again see below for why.

>>   SAC can save a lot of money if you download the PDF version of the club s
>>   newsletter. PDF files are readable by Macs and PCs. When a newsletter
>>   ready, a message will be sent to the address you gave above. Check the box
>>   below if you don't have computer or you still want a hardcopy newsletter.
>>
>>     O   Please Send Me a Hardcopy of the Newsletter.

The software I'm using does not handle multi-line text.  So each line I
have to hand wrap if it get's too long or too short.  I'm amazed that the
paragraphs turned out so well when I printed this.  If I add the word
E-mail, that line becomes too long, so I might have to add another line to
the paragraph.  That's what I might have to do if I can't rewrite the
paragraph shorter.

Thanks for pointing out what I was WAY too close to see (moving all those
characters around).