[sac-board] MM T-Shirt Fund Raiser

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 22:31:18 -0700

Hello Board,

We sold 60 shirts at the Messier Marathon. 15 shirts remain unsold. I will
bring them to the next SAC meeting to sell. They are mostly L and XXL. The
shirts went for $15 ea plus $2 for some of the larger sizes. I gave one
shirt to Don Machholz for the use of his name. (He then offered to autograph
shirts on request!) Our cost for materials, screens and artwork/film was
$585.50 but we already paid $200, so we netted about $300, plus we'll get
another $225 if we sell all the shirts. About equal to other major shirt
sales we did. I will send the proceeds and the invoice to Charlie for payment.

At the next meeting the Board needs to thank everyone who bought a shirt in
support of the Club, and also Derek Poertner who gave direction and did the
hoofing, and John Snider at Snider Graphics who pretty much did a benefit
for us in support of our Club.

Jack