[sac-board] Emails for officers and chairpersons....

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:00:37 -0700

Hey all,
Via private communication with Bob E., I have learned that it would not cost
SAC anything to set up email accounts with @saguaroastro.org.  As such, I need
2 things....

Firstly, I'd like anyone who thinks that there are flaws with this plan to
please speak up.  In a nutshell, the existing SACTreasurer account that Paul
Dickson maintains can be dropped, and the officers and chairpersons can have
their own independant "@saguaroastro.org" email addy for "official" use.  Given
the price (free), I can't think of any reasons to not do this.  Any objections?

Secondly, I'm going to wait until Tuesday to call for a vote on this so
everyong has time to speak up, at such time I'll be calling to vote a motion
to....

A) Have Bob E set these email addresses up...Pres, VP, Treas, Sect., Prop.,
Newsletter(if he needs it.), Novice group, Public Events Cooridinator, Website
admin, Deepsky, and ATM.  Do we need to add or remove some to/from this list?
Is it necessary to have each email addy listed in this motion, or can we vote
to pass this motion while keeping it open to change?

B) Have the above emails be added to the SAC website in place of our private
email addys.  This adds an element of privacy for the officers and chairs. They
will remain anonymous to the internet at large (may help cut back Spam, strange
questions, etc.), and any mail coming from/to these addresses will more than
likely be "official".  As a bonus, for me anyway, it will also add a means of
organization.

C)  During officer/chair transition, passwords will be verbally "handed" over
to the incoming person by the outgoing person.

Does anything need to be changed on this motion before vote?

Also, Is Stan Clark officially a Chair?  Is it necessary for him to be
officially "named", or does it just happen by volunteering.  (Like the ATM
group?)

Let me know,
Thad