[sac-board] Re: Discovery Telescope?

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:48:56 -0700

Richard,

Marge doesn't think this is right and we should have to pay for a Club tour.
Rusty is on the fund-raising end of the org and we don't belong there. She
isgoing to check into this again with the people she originally talked to.

Jack

Jack Jones wrote: Richard, Rusty Tweed (928-233-3267) is the person at
Lowellwho coordinates the tours. It won't be free, not even for a simple
look-see for a small educational non-profit group like us. It will be at
least $500 for a group of 10-20. We could pair up with another group to
lowerthe fee. Rusty says August 14 or 21 are good Saturday dates, but he
prefers mornings due to afternoon T-Storms that could arise. Something
noon-ish could work. If we did a weekday tour, we could pick a date that
Lowell personnel are already there and that would bring down the cost maybe.
I think you should take it from here, Richard, and give Rusty another call
when we have nailed down the details and get an agreement among sharing the
cost with members going. I'm still interested myself in going, but don't
knowhow that changes others' opinions. Jack Jack Jones wrote: Let me check
with Marge tomorrow and see what's the best avenue to go thru. It may be
thatKim referred us to Russell. At any rate we can then find out the tiny
details and what dates are open for us to come up there. I want to see
insidethis dome even if it's not totally completed yet just to see what we
have here in our back yard. Jack Richard Harshaw wrote: Jack, I did not know
you were involved with this. Do you want to take the ball then and run with
it? Richard Harshaw Cave Creek, Arizona Brilliant Sky Observatory
-----Original Message----- From: sac-board-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]
[mailto:sac-board-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]] On Behalf Of Jack Jones Sent:
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:25 PM To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3] Subject:
[sac-board] Re: Discovery Telescope and Astro League? If you are going to
coordinate this, fine, but I was thinking it was my or Marge's duty. That's
good too. It was supposed to be sched for August or September. Our contact
was Kim Westcott, the Admin Manager at Lowell. The guy that contacted you,
Russell Tweed, gave you tour packages in an attchment that would have to be
paid for, $200-$500. We certainly don't want one of those prepackaged deals,
so we have to say we're an Astronomy Club and we just want to see the
observatory and that's it, no box lunches, lectures, or fees (or nominal at
most). I would try for an August Saturday afternoon around 1st qtr or even a
Sat-Sun before a Cherry Rd star party could be worked out. 5MM is also right
down the road from the DCS fire road turn-off. Jack Richard Harshaw wrote: I
have heard nothing from anyone on the proposed Discovery Telescope tour
(except Mitch and Lori Prause). Is this a non-issue then? I need to get a
response back to Lowell about our intentions. Richard Harshaw Cave Creek,
Arizona Brilliant Sky Observatory

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:sac-board-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:sac-board-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx