[sac-board] Re: Discovery Telescope and Astro League?

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:24:33 -0700

If you are going to coordinate this, fine, but I was thinking it was my or
Marge's duty. That's good too. It was supposed to be sched for August or
September. Our contact was Kim Westcott, the Admin Manager at Lowell. The
guy that contacted you, Russell Tweed, gave you tour packages in an
attchment that would have to be paid for, $200-$500. We certainly don't want
one of those prepackaged deals, so we have to say we're an Astronomy Club
and we just want to see the observatory and that's it, no box lunches,
lectures, or fees (or nominal at most). I would try for an August Saturday
afternoon around 1st qtr or even a Sat-Sun before a Cherry Rd star party
could be worked out. 5MM is also right down the road from the DCS fire road
turn-off.

Jack