[sac-board] Re: Discovery Telescope?

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:43:28 -0700

Richard,

Rusty Tweed (928-233-3267) is the person at Lowell who coordinates the
tours. It won't be free, not even for a simple look-see for a small
educational non-profit group like us. It will be at least $500 for a group
of 10-20. We could pair up with another group to lower the fee. Rusty says
August 14 or 21 are good Saturday dates, but he prefers mornings due to
afternoon T-Storms that could arise. Something noon-ish could work. If we
did a weekday tour, we could pick a date that Lowell personnel are already
there and that would bring down the cost maybe.

I think you should take it from here, Richard, and give Rusty another call
when we have nailed down the details and get an agreement among sharing the
cost with members going. I'm still interested myself in going, but don't
know how that changes others' opinions.

Jack