Re: renamed rumprun toolchain available

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 22:25:43 +0200

On Thursday, 02.07.2015 at 12:24, Antti Kantee wrote:

I merged the toolchain rename bits. I also updated the wiki and
rumprun-packages. If you find further references to old toolchain
names, please adjust them or let us now.

Wonderful. So the canonical compilation process for a GNU autoconf package
is now:

./configure --host=x86-64-rumprun-netbsd (or whichever target)
make

Given that configure will just work out CC et al correctly now, do you mind
if I remove the -configure, -make and -gmake wrappers?

I'll also have a crack at making the toolchain wrappers fail the autoconf
tests for "supports -fPIC" and "supports shared libraries". Again, that
should make more software just compile out of the box with no special
options to configure required.

with thanks to Martin and Ian for figuring out what the tuple should be

Thank you for completing this work!

-mato