renamed rumprun toolchain available

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 01:07:29 +0000

Hi,

After more build system fighting that what I really cared for, the toolchain rename is available on the toolchain-rename branch of repo.rumpkernel.org/rumprun. Given the prerequisite general cleanup, it was actually a fairly small commit:

https://github.com/rumpkernel/rumprun/commit/955a75b8c39c3c65ede025c25661edaa6606ebc7

You can compile both xen and hw with the same toolchain, the platform-difference comes only at bake-stage. rumpbake is still arch-dependent (i.e. you can't use the same rumpbake for both i386/hw and amd64/hw), but since that's not a regression and rumpbake is not part of the standard gnu toolchain, we'll figure that out later.

The user-visible impact is that you now use arch-rumprun-netbsd(elf)?-cc for the compile phase instead of rumprun-platform-cc. For example, the qrrcc shell function I use for quick tests now looks like:

pooka@watou:~$ type qrrcc
qrrcc is a function
qrrcc ()
{
x86_64-rumprun-netbsd-cc -g -o rr.out "$@";
rumpbake hw_generic rr.bin rr.out;
qemu-system-x86_64 -s -kernel rr.bin
}

There shouldn't be anything controversial here, and since a bunch of docs, patches etc. are depending on the rename, I plan to merge to master very soon.