Re: Next step.... more guidance requested

  • From: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:42:50 +0100

On 15 June 2015 at 09:41, Andrew Stuart
<andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Justin,

Do you have your build set up in a repository anywhere so I could replicate
it? I have been meaning to look at EC2 for ages but never got around to it.

I’ll see what I can pull together. Let me get back to you on this.

Er, that config has ufs set as the fstype, not ext2, which may be an issue.

I set it to ufs based on this earlier message which I may have interpreted
incorrectly:

While the ext2 code lives with the ufs code, you have to explicitly
mount as ext2 in the fs type, so it needs to be told this.

Justin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Available file systems
Date: 11 June 2015 6:15:03 pm AEST
To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 11/06/15 07:14, Andrew Stuart wrote:
/rumprun/src-netbsd/sys/fs lists the following file systems

adosfs cd9660 efs filecorefs hfs Makefile msdosfs nfs nilfs ntfs
ptyfs puffs smbfs sysvbfs tmpfs udf unicode.h union unionfs v7fs

I had expected to see ext2 there. Is ext2 available in rump?

Yes, look at rump/lib/librumpfs*.

ext2 is located in the NetBSD source tree under sys/ufs because ext2 is
really just a slightly modified Berkeley UFS and the non-GPL NetBSD
reimplementation shares code with UFS/FFS. (and sys/ufs is not under sys/fs
for historical reasons)