Re: Next step.... more guidance requested

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:42:05 +0000

On 13/06/15 07:42, Andrew Stuart wrote:

Hello gents

After much futzing around finally I have rump-nginx running on EC2. Prior to
this I have successfully run the simple server which does not use disks at all
and that works fine and returns “no hei vaan” as expected (which is something
in Finnish apparently).

rump-nginx as I understand it use two block devices, one for stubetc and one
for data/conf

So on EC2 I have launched the unikernel with two attached block devices, one
for stubetc and one for data/conf

These block devices are formatted at ext2 and contain the data copied from the
rump-ngix repo for each of stubetc and data/conf

I was hoping the block devices would be detected and mounted and nginx would
pick them up and things would all work. That might have been a little
optimistic.

Here’s the log. If anyone can direct me to the next clue it would be much
appreciated.

rumprun: etfs register for "blk1" failed: 5

If you used or somehow leveraged "iso", only one block device is currently supported. It's one of those things which is not hard to fix, but it's hard to figure out what the best fix is. In any case, I guess the error message could be bit more obvious.

I just put all data under /etc in my nginx-on-a-stick experiment.