[rollei_list] Re: ...was Avedon OT Time

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:54:52 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:51 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: ...was Avedon OT Time

Hi Larry -

At the risk of arguing about the argument, it is in fact the same argument! ;-)

Eric Goldstein

In fact, there is no _absolute_ definition of any of the physical fundamental quantities, not space or time. We know something about their apparent interaction and have mathematical models of some of them, but we don't really know what they are. It may well be that human intelligence is in some way limited to the point where such things are beyond us and we are reduced to mysticism to explain or attempt to understand them. The need for explanation seems to be in some way fundamental to human intelligence. That can lead us astray because we often make up explanations where there are none.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA